To all my friends that are growing up, moving out, going to university:
When I moved out (oh so many years ago...), my dear mum gave me some advice. She wrote it in a very nice card, and I'm sad I can't do the same for each of you. Hopefully this will do!
- Be proud of your accomplishments to date.
- Maintain communication with the people who are important to you.
- Be grateful for the things you appreciate... health, wealth, family, friends...
- Ask for help when you need it. Accept help from those that offer it.
- Know what it is that refreshes/recharges you, and make time for it.
- Accept blame gracefully where blame is due (ie don't be afraid to say sorry).
- Request acknowledgement where it has been earned.
- Balance the give with the take.
- Try to chose 'optimal' goals rather than 'perfectionist' goals.
- Don't judge others too quickly.
- Remind me about this advice if I ever forget!
And one line from me:
Have Fun! :)