Monday, September 3, 2012

Moving out


To all my friends that are growing up, moving out, going to university:

When I moved out (oh so many years ago...), my dear mum gave me some advice. She wrote it in a very nice card, and I'm sad I can't do the same for each of you. Hopefully this will do!

  • Be proud of your accomplishments to date.
  • Maintain communication with the people who are important to you.
  • Be grateful for the things you appreciate... health, wealth, family, friends...
  • Ask for help when you need it. Accept help from those that offer it.
  • Know what it is that refreshes/recharges you, and make time for it.
  • Accept blame gracefully where blame is due (ie don't be afraid to say sorry).
  • Request acknowledgement where it has been earned.
  • Balance the give with the take.
  • Try to chose 'optimal' goals rather than 'perfectionist' goals.
  • Don't judge others too quickly.
  • Remind me about this advice if I ever forget!

And one line from me:
          Have Fun! :)

No comments: